The Juice Bar

My muses, thoughts, ideas, and whatever

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Now that's talent!

I've found a couple links of people with interesting talent.

First, may I present to you the Boston Typewriter Orchestra. They make music with, uh, typewriters! These are the old-fashioned manual kind, not those fancy-schmancy word processors. Just to operate one of those takes some strong fingers, and to make music is, really cool in a geeky sort of way. Check out the link:

Boston Typewriter Orchestra

Also, Michel Gondry is a pretty talented guy. He wrote and directed two of my favorite movies of the last couple of years, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Science of Sleep. Now he demonstrates his skill at solving the Rubik's cube. With his feet! I'm speechless. I remember in fourth grade, when our teacher made us watch this video about a lady named Bonnie Consolo, who was born without any arms. The video showed how she lived by doing tasks with her feet that we would have to do with our arms, like writing, talking on the telephone, and picking out fruit at the grocery store. To a ten-year-old, I thought that was impressive. But the Rubik's cube, that's freaky.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/jamesisrael/archives/011947.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home