The Juice Bar

My muses, thoughts, ideas, and whatever

Saturday, February 07, 2004

I finally have a web page! It's very primitive right now, none of those fancy colors or backgrounds, with flying toasters and such, but, I have a presence on the Net. Now I just have to make it look halfway decent so other people may want to look at it, and be somewhat impressed with my coding skills. After all, I am a computer programmer, I type code all day long at work. :)

Tonight I went to dinner with some friends, and saw an interesting documentary called The Weather Underground. It is the story of a radical leftist movement in the '60s and '70s that had a goal of overthrowing the U.S. government due to its sins, such as the War in Vietnam. It was a very well done documentary, with interviews with some of the people in the movement, as well as one of the FBI Agents whose job it was to stop these people. Sometimes real life is more fascinating and more bizarre than fiction, and sometimes one can learn some interesting piece of American history that was never publicized in history books. Long live independent film!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home