The Juice Bar

My muses, thoughts, ideas, and whatever

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Last night I saw the Lord of the Rings movie, The Return of the King again. It was the second time, and I was again blown away purely by the scope of the movie, especially the battle scenes. To see thousands of soldiers gathered on that large plain, that was amazing. My favorite was when the armies of Aragorn were completely surrounded, when you could see that circle of soldiers, exploding out against the armies surrounding them. About the multiple endings, I thought that was done well, it tied up all the loose ends of all three films. But, I'll have to think again before I sit for three and a half hours in a theater seat. At least this time, the theater wasn't very crowded, so I could lay down over an entire row of seats when I wanted to take a break. :)

Tonight I saw the movie Miracle, about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. I ate it up, really enjoyed it, especially since it was a free preview. :) The movie delivers everything I expected, I liked Kurt Russel's determined portrayal of coach Herb Brooks, and the game-time hockey scenes and the locker room scenes between the guys on the team were really done well. Good job to everyone involved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home