The Juice Bar

My muses, thoughts, ideas, and whatever

Friday, February 06, 2004

OK, I haven't updated my blog in a while, so I'll type this while Jonatha Brooke sings on Carson Daly's talk show. Oh, this is a good song, called "Better After All". I'll definitely have to get her new album.

I was going to post a list of my ten favorite movies from last year. I made notes in my notebook, but I left it in a friend's car after coming back from a church retreat a couple of weeks ago. One movie I saw tonight, not quite on my top 10 list, but a lot of fun anyway, was "The Triplets of Belleville." It is a French cartoon about a guy who is a bicycle racer, who gets kidnapped, then his grandmother goes and rescues him. Actually, it's a lot better than it sounds. The animation is truly creative, the characters all have a old-fashioned caricuture look to them. I live the Pixar computer-generated movies as much as everyone else, but there's something about good old-fashioned pen-and-ink animation that really appeals to me. It brings back memories of watching Looney Toons when I was a kid. Now that was entertainment!

I saw The Butterfly Effect last weekend. It was OK, it's spooky, plays with your mind, even if it's not at all believable, and some of the characters are downright annoying. Ashton Kutcher tries real hard to be dramatic, but he never looks comfortable in the role. However, he doesn't embarrass himself either. The kid who was the brother of the girl in the movie was really unbelievable. He seemed more like the spawn of Satan than a believeable character. All in all, though, it's worth seeing if you like head-trip kind of movies and don't have anything better to do, like play on the Internet. :)

OK, I'm going to bed. Jonatha Brooke was great! More movie reviews to follow, I promise. And maybe some other stuff, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home